+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Menu to Stack Links: Multiple Stacks and Animation Order.

Hello!

I just want to say nice job on the simplicity and ease of such a powerful and innovative tool!

And how I do appreciate the ease, I was wondering if there is, or possible be in the future a way to manage stacks and their style in greater depth.

For example. I have 5 Menu links, 5 layers on one stack. Id wish to like the menu to additional stacks and their corresponding layers.

Also I'd like to somehow control the order of stack animations. I did notice you can adjust time and animation type, however it seemed only specific to the stack, not the layer, which has some down sides.

Also is there not an animation out option??

Thank you,

Very interested in your program on the other hand!
    Last edited by Danny D; 10-26-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Administrator
    Hi Danny,

Regarding your question about the Menu, a Menu can only be linked to a single Stack. However, a Button or Hyperlink can be linked to a specific Stack layer. If that Stack layer is within another Stack, all Stack layers in all Stacks would become visible to show the respective layer. So in this sense, you can linked to multiple Stacks in one shot.

We understand that the animation of the Stacks in Cubender is somewhat "simple". We've been working on revising the approach to animations and essentially allowing a "limitless" number of animation combinations (following in sequential or parallel order). And then applying them to and IN / OUT strategy. I don't have any more information about this right now, but if you have specific requests or suggestions, I'd be happy to pass them along.

Thanks,

Andrew.

I did notice the hyperlink option, however it still doesn't allow me to change multiple stacks with one button. This would allow for images to animate in differently from text and even creative template warping!

It be nice to add the option for intermediate/advanced users to edit the source code itself. I believe, and im no expert I could be very wrong, but this would be an easy fix?

onclick="changeStack('#STACK1',LAYER1);
    (Default output created by cubender)

Would need to be changed to

onclick="changeStack('#STACK1',LAYER1); changeStack('#STACK2',LAYER1); changeStack('#STACK3',LAYER1);
    thus linking 3 stacks to one menu. And Hopefully an easy fix for the developers team for users who wouldnt want to touch source code. Hope this helps!

Administrator
    Hi, Danny,

Thanks for your feedback. Since your initial post, there have been a lot of changes at Cubender, and I think much of the functionality you're looking for is there now.

For example, you could have one large stack wit your 5 layers and one menu. Within that stack, you can place another stack and menu (essentially taking the user 'deeper' into the stack). Even within the 2nd tier stack you can place another stack. At the same time, you can also place a small stack without a menu and set it to autoanimate on click. Thus, whenever someone went onto that layer/tab of your original menu, they would then see an animated section of text (in one stack) that is flipping, as well as another area where they can continue to navigate with another menu.

This can also be accomplished by 'adding' a whole new webpage. Thus, for the layer that will have much deeper functionality than the others, you could separate that one, and link to the page via the submit button, hyperlink buttons, text, etc.

Hope that helps! If you have any specific projects you'd like some feedback on, we'd be happy to take a look with you.

Best regards,
    Nancy

Animation tool not present in some stacks

My issue is that some of my stacks won't show the animation tool when I select Style and Animation. It only shows style in the box. What am I doing wrong?

Administrator
    Sorry for the late reply @infocushouston. Animation should be available to all Stacks. If you think you've spotted a bug, please send Support an email.